Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Welcome!

Welcome to Dymbrulee!







I love to sew for my kids, for gift-giving, and sometimes even for myself. I also love great fabric, but am often at a loss as to what to do with it. With this blog, I'm hoping to strike up some inspiration for you using the fabric I stock in my Etsy shop. Expect to see lots of my three children, Violet (5) and twins Rosemary and David (1). They are the most fun to sew for, of course.  I want to leave things fairly open-ended for now, as I have no idea how this project will evolve. But know this, my number one goal is to get your foot to the treadle!









This super soft cotton voile spoke to me right off the bat. It said, "hi, I'm what spring looks like!" Floaty and dainty and fresh. It's not exactly sheer, but not 100% opaque either.






 I wanted to make something that was as airy in style as this is in your hand, without absolutely floating away.  This pattern was exactly what I was after.  Don't you love the hidden button placket?! Incidentally...my first time making a button placket of any kind. Go big or go home, right?





It was a dream to sew with, too. It pressed so easily, it hardly frayed and washed up even softer than I expected.




It took a really long time for the weather to cooperate with our photo shoot plans. Finally spring has sprung in PA. We even saw our first daffodils.  





You can find this fabric HERE in my Etsy Shop, Dymbrulee Textiles. I only stock limited quantities, so get it while it's hot!

Thanks for joining me today! If you have any questions, please email me. I'm looking forward to posting coordinating outfits for the twins next, look for that soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment