Sunday, May 3, 2015

Paisley and Pink Tankini

Finally a day hot enough to get out the wading pool!


This Black and White Paisley Swim Lycra is so thick and luscious. I bought swim lining thinking the white bits would be too sheer as a single layer. They are not. This stuff feels so great to the touch. And the pattern is so random that no intentional matching is required for it to look great.

I could totally see this in a retro style girls suit like this one from Closet Case Patterns. I've been dying to make this after seeing so many great ones in my blog roll.

 I used THIS pattern from Mountain Ash Designs on Etsy. They are from Melbourne, Australia and let me tell you, if you are looking for cute and unique swimwear and dance wear patterns, this is the place. I have three other patterns in my wish list! The best part...the patterns are almost all in a range from 2-14. I'll be able to sew swimsuits for both the girls for years to come. Bargain!

Details:
Fabric - 
Paisley Lycra from my Etsy Shop - Dymbrulee Textiles
Pink lyrca from Joann Fabric

Pattern - 
Ruffle Tankini from Mountain Ash on Etsy

Disclaimer: Mountain Ash Designs and Closet Case Patterns have no idea who I am, I just really like their patterns and like to share good finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment